VIDEORECIPE The best Spaghetti Marinara
A classic, easy seafood pasta made using a seafood marinara mix: prawns / shrimp, calamari, fish and mussels tossed through a simple, tasty tomato sauce. Made properly, the real proper Italian way, this Seafood Spaghetti Marinara is dinner on the table.
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 1 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 6 prawns (deveined and shelled)
- 6 scallops
- 1 fillet kingfish (skin removed and cut into chunks)
- 1 fillet salmon (skin removed and cut into chunks)
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- to tatse Salt pepper
- 1 tablespoon Noilly Prat (dry vermouth)
- 1 tablespoon white wine
- 1 volume basil(leaves picked)
- 1 volume parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 volume chives (finely sliced)
Add the pasta to boiling salted water, stir for the first minute so pasta doesn’t stick together.
Add oil, garlic and shallots to a cool non-stick pan. Put on medium heat and cook until translucent.
Add butter, seafood, and cherry tomatoes, season with pepper and toss through to cook. Add noilly prat and white wine and stir through.
Add herbs and spaghetti to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Toss through the sauce. Season to taste.