This recipe won’t yield the 26-ounce Hurricane concoction that Spring Breakers stumble around with on Bourbon Street, but a smaller (yet still dangerously and deceptively potent) cocktail. What to buy: Torani makes a passion fruit syrup that’s pretty widely available. For appetizer and dinner inspiration, see our collection of Mardi Gras recipes.
- ice cream
- 2 ounce dark rum
- 11⁄2 ounce White Rum
- 2 ounce freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 1 ounce passion fruit syrup
- 1 teaspoon grenadine syrup
- orange wheel, for garnishing
Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add the rums, orange juice, lime juice, passion fruit syrup, and grenadine syrup.
Shake for 30 seconds and strain into a tall, 8-ounce glass. Garnish with the orange wheel and serve.