VIDEORECIPE Easy zucchini slice recipe
An all-round winner as dinner with a salad or packed in lunch boxes for school and work. Best of all, you can make this zucchini slice with any veggies you have in the fridge and then freeze it for easy meals.
- 4 bacon rashers
- 1 brown onion (finely chopped)
- 2 zucchini (coarsely grated)
- 1 Cup coarsely grated pumpkin
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (just thawed)
- 1 Cup coarsely grated cheddar (120g)
- 1 Cup self-raising flour (150g)
- cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 4 Coles Australian Free Range Eggs (lightly whisked)
- 60 ml milk
- 2 tbl olive oil
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan and line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper.
Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Transfer to a bowl.
Add the zucchini, pumpkin, mixed vegetables, cheddar, flour and parsley to the bacon mixture and stir to combine. Add the egg, milk and oil and stir to combine. Season. Spoon into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.
Bake for 40 mins or until firm to the touch. Set aside to cool. Cut into pieces.