VIDEORECIPE How to make Traditional Singapore Noodles
One of the most popular stir fried noodles, made at home! Made with Chinese BBQ Pork (Char Siu), prawns/shrimp, egg and vegetables with a signature curry seasoning.
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine
- 21⁄2 teaspoon curry powder hot or ordinary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper (black also ok)
- 4 g dried rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil(separated)
- 8 medium raw shrimp prawns(shelled and deveined)
- 2 eggs(beaten)
- 1⁄2 medium onion(thinly sliced yellow brown or white)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ginger(freshly grated)
- 1⁄2 g Chinese barbecue pork (Char Siu)
- 1 Cup red capsicum bell pepper
- 2 teaspoon thinly sliced hot green pepper adjust to taste (optional)
Combine the Sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix.
Place rice vermicelli noodles in a large bowl filled with boiled water and soak as per packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok or heavy based fry pan over medium heat. Add the shrimp/prawns, cook until just cooked - about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the egg and spread it out to make a thin omelette. Once set, use a spatula to roll it up, remove from the wok and slice (while still rolled up).
Return the wok to medium heat and add the remaining 1 tbsp of oil. Add the garlic, ginger and onion, cook for 2 minutes until onion is slightly softened.
Add capsicum and cook for 1 minute.
Add noodles and Sauce, give it a few tosses. Then add the egg, pork, shrimp/prawns, chillies (if using). Toss until the sauce coats all the noodles and everything is heated through - about 1 to 2 minutes.