VIDEORECIPE Classic Lemon Herb Couscous Salad Recipe
It really doesn’t get much fresher than this. love this light salad — it doubles as a side, can be the main event or works well topped with grilled chicken or shrimp.With lots of texture from crisp cucumber, sweet tomatoes, crunchy nuts, and raisins.
The recipe can be found in this article
17+ Simple Dinner Salad Recipes You'll Actually Want to Eat!
- 11⁄2 cups dried Israeli couscous also called pearl couscous
- to taste Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 Cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice(depending on taste)
- 1 medium English cucumber(diced)
- 1 large tomato(diced)
- 1⁄2 Cup coarsely chopped fresh herbs; use any combination of fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 Cup chopped walnuts(toasted)
- 1⁄4 Cup raisins
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add couscous and cook until tender, 8-10 minutes. Drain.
While the couscous cooks, in a large bowl, whisk the oil, mustard, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the drained couscous to the dressing and mix well.
Stir in the cucumber, tomato, herbs, walnuts and raisins. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt and/or pepper as needed. Enjoy warm or cover then refrigerate until cool, about 1 hour.