PHOTO RECIPE Authentic Thai Green Curry
This is how to make a really great QUICK green curry by pimping up curry in a jar, OR using a homemade green curry paste!
CURRY - USE ONE
- 1 tbsp Thai Green Curry Paste (Maesri best)
- 1 quantity homemade green curry paste
EXTRAS - FOR JAR CURRY PASTE
- 2 cloves large garlic(minced)
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger(finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon lemongrass paste
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Cup chicken or vegetable broth (ml) low sodium
- 400 goz coconut milk
- 4 full fat
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 0.13 teaspoon salt
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 5 half torn
- 350 g oz chicken thigh skinless
- 2 Japanese eggplants (small)
- 11⁄2 cups snow peas(small)-trimmed
- 16 Thai basil leaves Note
- 1⁄2 Juice of lime
to taste GARNISHES
- Crispy fried Asian shallots
- 9 high recommended
- Thai basil or cilantro/coriander
- slices Green or red chillies
- Steamed jasmine rice
Heat oil in a heavy based skillet or pot over medium high heat.Add curry paste (and garlic, ginger and lemongrass Extras, if using) and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until it mostly "dries out" . Don't breath in the fumes!!
Add chicken broth and coconut milk, mix to dissolve paste.
Homemade curry paste seasonings: Add 3 tsp fish sauce, 3 tsp sugar, 1/8 tsp salt.Add kaffir lime leaves. Mix then bring to simme
Add chicken, stir then lower heat to medium so it's bubbling gently. Cook 7 minutes.Add eggplants, cook 5 minutes until soft.aste sauce. Add fish sauce or salt for more saltiness, sugar for sweetness.
Add snow peas, cook 2 minutes until a bit softened, then stir through basil and lime juice. Sauce should have reduced but will still be a be on the thin side, not thick - that's how it's should be. DO NOT keep simmering - sauce will darken.
Serve curry over jasmine rice with garnishes of choice.