PHOTO RECIPE Pork belly
Learn how to cook pork belly with the best recipe at your palm. At the end, you'll enjoy a soft succulent fleshy infused with the flavor of lemon grass with amazing taste of chinese pork belly.
- 2.2 lb rindless pork belly slices chopped in half (each piece being approx. the length of your index finger) (Kg)
- 4 cups hot chicken/veg stock ( Litre)
- 1 ks thumb sized of ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and chopped in half
- 1 tbsp. rice wine
- 1 tbsp. caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ks thumb-sized of ginger peeled and minced
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon grass paste
Add all the slow cooked pork belly ingredients to a pan (not the glaze ingredients). A cast iron casserole pan is preffered.
Bring to the boil, then place a lid on, turn down the heat and simmer for 2 hours.
Turn off the heat and drain the pork. You can reserve the liquid if you like (Perfect for a Thai or Chinese noodle soup).
Chop the pork into bite sized chunks. Add 1 tbsp. of the oil to a frying pan, and then mix the remaining glaze ingredients in a small bowl.
Heat the oil and add in the pork, salt and pepper, frying on a high heat until the pork starts to turn golden.
Now pour the glaze over the pork and continue to cook until the pork looks dark and sticky.